Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Procrastination

drawing personality

What does your drawing say about YOU?

I am sure if I used a real pen and paper, I could draw a better mountain. But this is kinda fun.

I am not yet sure if I will go to stitch n bitch tonight; it depends how much of my work I get done--can you believe I have about 2-3 weeks left of school? And tests and papers (nerve-wracking!) Today I am working on my paper. If I have time, I will do some reading.

I finished teaching on time this morning, and I decided to go hunt for yarn and gifts for my knitters' treat pal, so I went to Richfield and found some pretty sock yarn, then went to a store called Olivia Bloom, where I proceeded to spend about a hundred dollars (not all on my pal, of course--that would be excessive! I did find some yummy looking tea and lovely soap for her, and I found some cute necklaces for my friends' birthdays, and one bakelite necklace for me, which I think is incredibly cute.) So I am done spending money for a few weeks, at least--except on necessities!

Oh! And the yarn store I mentioned? They have BEAUTIFUL unspun wool in some of the most amazing colors. I've got to learn to spin well so I can try some of those beautiful colors! Apparently the owner of the shop used to own a sheep farm, but she got a divorce, and the sheep belong to her ex-husband. She's been spinning for over 20 years, and there's apparently another lady that works there, who is from Germany. Spinning classes there are private and are by appointment, and the lady who helped me (who was not the owner nor anyone from Germany) told me that if you buy a spinning wheel from them, the lessons come free. Of course, the spinning wheels are anywhere from 250-400 dollars. (I asked out of curiosity).

Maybe one day. But I am saving my money for a good 35 mm SLR camera, first.

All right. Back to my paper.

No comments: