Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The questionnaire, in a better place.

The Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I absolutely am a sucker for Noro yarns. I also lust over Louisa Harding, though I've not tried that yet. I just think it's pretty. I hate knitting with cotton, and I have enough fuzzy and furry yarns to last me a lifetime.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? This is very sad: They are all over the place...In an attempt to organize myself, i have my circulars in a little Winnie the Pooh makeup bag that I bought back in 9th grade, and I showcased my shoddy sewing skills in some needle case that I attempted to sew. The fabric's pretty, the workmakship not so.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since my freshman year of college (1997) but didn't really get into it till I was in Germany about 4-5 years later. I consider myself intermediate, but very adventurous.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes, I do

5. What's your favorite scent? Jasmine and Patchouli (and also citrus-y scents)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh totally. You may not believe it, but I have managed to keep myself away from the candy case at work. I am a sucker for peppermint altoids, dark chocolates (the darker/richer, the better...and have you tried those chocolate covered peppermint altoids??!!), and reeses's peanut butter cups.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? There was a time when I collaged like crazy...less time to do that...and I like jewelry making, but have not done that in a while. I don't know how to spin but would love to learn how.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love folk rock music (think: Jill Sobule, Lisa Loeb, Warren Zevon), indie music (Jill Tracy). And I'm totally a sucker for piano-driven music (Sarah McLachlan, Vienna Teng, Norah Jones). Yes, my car stereo and computer can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love purple, red, green. I hate yellow and orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live at home with my parents. I have one fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear hats, scarves, and mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I knit lots of scarves, because I usually can afford to buy a couple skeins at a time. I have been starting on sweaters, though.

13. What are you knitting right now? Just finished a hat...and I'm working on a couple scarves, and am trying to puzzle my way through a sweater/vest pattern. (I'm stumped!)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yep!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like circulars (keeps me from losing needles...LOL!)...bamboo are my favorites.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Hmm. At this point...maybe one and a half years? I finished my 3 year UFO last fall...

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Tacky postcards. The tackier, the better. I love the black ones that say things like "Cleveland at night" or "Minneapolis at night". I know, I'm strange. It's an ongoing collection since 5th grade.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I can always love noro! But what I am looking for is a good fair isle pattern, like the one eunnyknits has for fair isle mittens. Also lusting after lantern moon needles. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? how to make good socks. Or intarsia. I'm curious. And spinning.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, I'm terrible at them. My foot: 10 inches from heel to toe..

23. When is your birthday? June 19!

No comments: