Wednesday, June 08, 2005

SnB

So today, I went to the Stitch-and-Bitch meeting. I am so in love with this. It's a good place, people my age (as opposed to the people at the local yarn shop, who are nice, but are all like my mom's age, or older), and they knit trendier things (as opposed to ugly bobbled sweaters. No offense. But I hate the bobbles on everything). And they're fun. And one of them also turned out to be a graduate from my alma mater, too! I'm happy. I'm planning on going at least twice a month, and it will be easier now because I won't necessarily be in class that day, and I will be home enough early starting in July (when I do my rotation), so I can actually have dinner and head out.

Project that I am working on--well, I'm working on a purple scarf and a bag. I'm calling the latter "Monster Messenger Bag", and it's coming along well. I'll have to figure out how to do an I-cord so I can make the handles for the bag. And I think the bag will come along well. It's this yarn that I bought several years ago, but never did anything with. (Bernat Boa--Phoenix), and it's going to look kinda furry, I guess like Elmo or Cookie Monster. Something to that effect. Now I also feel like I need to buy cotton yarn, but I look at my current stash and think about how many wintery things I've got to knit first. Sigh. But at least my stash is going down! (Slowly, of course).

No comments: