Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just because...

Just because I don't really feel like heading off to school just yet (well, I have a little time before I actually have to be there), I decided to share pictures of my latest work in progress-which is nearly done, actually! Because I loved my Owlie Cowl so much, even though I knit it too big (shame on me for not doing a gauge swatch. You think by now, I'd know better), I decided to cast on with some leftover yarn of a red and teal (though it looks blue here) so I can knit down my current stash.

But I fear my stash is right where it started--because a store near me is goin out of business on September 30th, and the yarn is 40% off currently, so I just HAD to go over there--and buy the Habu yarn that I was coveting. At the end of my spending spree, I have tons of Tsumigi yarn in Whiskey (which I will double up to make a lovely sweater), a couple kits, some merino yarn (quite a bit, too), and a cone of stainless yarn. I can't wait to knit it up. So after I finish this and my zebra mittens, I'm going to cast on for something (I also picked up some red sock yarn -- 3 skeins worth--and I think I may knit myself a cute top (short sleeved, with a lace pattern) for Christmas/new year--it actually has silver running through it!--so I think for the holidays, it will look incredible.

And of course, I walked away with 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn, so I can make a neat pair of knee high socks. That is, if I don't get second sock syndrome...All right...I ought to prep a little more for my lecture today...even though I'd rather stay home on this drizzling day and do other things, even work on dissertation.

No comments: