Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Knitting. For real.

Actually, I wrote this big long post and then blogger LOST the damn thing, I guess due to some sort of "Blogger cannot connect to the server" thing. I have no idea. I'll do the best I can to actually recreate this thing. But a lot of things have happened in the past...well, however long it's been since I last posted.

  • I got a new job! It's per diem, which means I'm not devoting like a million hours to work plus the million I already work at school. It's good. I'm happy. Plus it pays.
  • I went to San Francisco with my parents a couple weeks ago. It was great fun--went to Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Ghiradelli Square, and Chinatown (of course). I did lots of shopping, but at the same time, not really. I did buy chocolates, a couple pieces of jewelry, and a cute cell phone holder.
  • I went to my group's knit-in weekend at Peak n' Peek. Amy and I drove together, with Heather following us. We stopped at a bead store on the way, and had some dinner at some restaurant with lots of dead animals hanging on the walls. We were trying to find an Applebee's. Obviously it wasn't one. Anyhow, it snowed on the way up there (!!). But anyway, we all went to The Cultured Purl for their SnB group. The rest of our group from Ohio (Rae, Ann, Adrianne, Juniper, and Meg) joined us there.
  • I saw this. The most amazing selection of Noro. Yum.

  • Yes, I bought some.

Plus some Berocco Optik.

(Noro Aurora)

(Noro Kujaki)

(Berocco Optik)

  • I left my camera at The Cultured Purl. So in fact, I have only two pictures from the whole weekend. Sigh. At least one of them has people in it. (Yes, I got it back on the way home).
  • It took us quite a while to get to Peak n' Peak because of all the snow. Scary. But we made it alive. My mom said if she had known it was that snowy, she'd have been freaking out, so I suppose it's a good thing that she didn't know that it was that snowy.
  • I finished my sweater! Yay! Finally. These are pictures before they were seamed up. I have it drying out now; I steam-blocked it (little too impatient to wet-block) and seamed it, and washed it. I cant' wait to wear it.


  • I also started a new scarf with some Noro I bought in Pittsburgh.

  • On the way home, Amy and I stopped by at A.C. Moore. I bought even more yarn. I can't believe the amount of money I've spent this weekend. I am not allowed to spend more money...oh, wait, Christmas is coming up. Darn it.

No comments: