Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I have made

It's been a long time since I've posted, and admittedly, a lot of things have been on my mind (mostly school and research related, so I took a little hiatus from this blog to try and keep sane. Plus, the thought of school was a bit depressing last fall, so I've tried to focus my energies in a more positive direction). So, in the time between the last time I posted and today, I've
  • finished my Noro socks (I am wearing them at the moment and will take photos of them sometime soon)
  • Finished a scarf for my SnB anniversary scarf swap
  • Actually read a real book (meaning: A book that has absolutely nothing to do with research or school: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest)
  • Gotten my photo taken for a billboard (it is up right now!)
  • Worked a lot
  • Made some progress on recruiting subjects for one study
  • Started the new semester anew, and hopefully the spring semester will be much better and much happier than the fall semester

So, for tonight's anniversary swap, here are some photos of things that I made:

This is my homemade baklava, which is so yummy and sweet.
I made Saroyan, a lovely scarf with a leaf edging out of a mohair blend yarn that I've had in my stash for a while. I've looked at the yarn for a long time, thinking it would be beautiful knitted up in this pattern. Chantal wound up with this scarf that I made.


In return, I wound up with the scarf that Andrea knit. Andrea, I love the scarf that you knit, with its bright, cheery colors! I will post pictures of it in the next few days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you like it and am totally bummed I missed your baklava!