Friday, May 22, 2009

Oy vey

I feel like it's been ages since I wrote, but I have been busy, and when I've had time, I've been too pooped to do much of anything. And I'm waiting for my banana bread to cool off so I can wrap it up. So I'll write a bit as I wait! I'm off for the weekend, and I hope that when i come back, I can show you pictures of finished or almost finished projects (or at least I hope so).

I've also already finished the My-So-Called Scarf (photos coming soon), and I plan on sending it to a friend. I've also finished the Aegean Sea Shrug which is gorgeous, and am contemplating making one for myself in a different color. Not sure though. But it was an incredibly easy and quick knit.

I also went to Trollbeads University on Tuesday/Wednesday, and got a new limited glass bead which is really pretty. Also watched the finale of Dancing with the Stars, and while I'm happy for Shawn Johnson, I still think Gilles was a more consistent dancer. At the same time, I'm not terribly disappointed, as I was when Joey Fatone or Mario Lopez were robbed of the mirrorball trophy :)

Did any of you watch Ugly Betty this Thursday? Wow. It looks like everything is going to pot. And I love it!

1 comment:

mia said...

I totally agree. I thought they both started out strong, but Gilles was far more consistent over the whole show than Shawn. I expected her to win, though-- people love an underdog and a comeback kid, and she made a great run at the end. The fact that she's a cute, perky, All-American girl-next-door didn't hurt in the least, either.


(found you through the "knitting blogs" topic on Ravelry, btw :)