Thursday, May 28, 2009

Catching up

The past few days have been hectic. Actually, the past few weeks have been hectic and I am in need of a day off--one where I see no one, speak with no one, and do absolutely nothing but prop my feet up and watch cheesy lifetime movies. The likelihood of that happening, however, is quite slim.
Knitting stuff first: I knitted up a shrug, and it's finished! It took me less than a week, and I'm breaking into my stash pretty nicely--but still have a ton to go through. I think this summer (0n one of those days off), i will take pictures of my stash to determine what can stay and be knitted up, or what can be sold or traded. Or given away.

Anyhow, here is the shrug:

I also went away for the Memorial Day weekend, where I knitted. In my attempt to stash-bust, I brought some chunky yarn to make the Shalom sweater, and finished the whole thing. I still have 4 skeins left over (darn it). All that's left to do is weave in the ends and buy a really cool button. I'm thinking a bright yellow or orange button.

Isn't it pretty?


I've also been trying to finish my scarf, made out of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, and it is absolutely wonderful to knit with. It is incredibly soft and it's also a lovely color.



And finally, finally, I finished my s0-called-scarf. it is very pretty, and I think it will be gifted to someone else.

Other adventures (non-knitting) also included going to Trollbeads University, and also having our basement flood on tuesday evening. Our fridge broke two weeks ago, so we got a new fridge, which has an ice-maker and a water dispenser! The guy hooked up the fridge, but apparently didn't do a good job, so water was leaking into the basement. So on Tuesday night (when the Cavs were also playing pitifully) I stayed up till 2 AM just cleaning the basement with my dad. The next day, right after knitting, i just conked right out (which is early for me, at 10: 30 PM).

For those of you wondering how awful it was in the basement--we have a little storage room where we have some things like books, old products, paper, etc, and everything was soaked through and through. It really sucked, but i am glad it wasn't worse. Like, it could have been pictures or my things for school, or heaven forbid--beloved collectibles.

No comments: