Friday, July 04, 2008

Checking in again

There's not that much going on here, except for a couple good things that happened this past week:

I got to see Naomi when she came home from Germany for the week. I love seeing her and spending time with her--wish I could have spent more time with her, but I can't be selfish! When we went to Beachwood, we also stopped at this lovely bakery (good thing it's 45 minutes away from me, otherwise it could be a Very Bad Thing).

Here is a cupcake I brought home from The White Flower Cake Shop:




Yes. It tasted as good as it looked.

And the one that was just as good, if not better--the Red Velvet cupcake (not pictured, as it was already devoured). The next time I head up that way (might be a while yet), I'm making a trip to the cake shop...

Second bit of good news: My psych professor and I got invited to submit a grant proposal! We are stoked; we know we may not get it, but the fact that we got invited to do so--makes us really happy. We have until September 23 to put this baby together, make it tidy, exciting, and fundable. Hopefully the organization will think we're brilliant people and will think that we're worth investing in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that cupcake looks soooo yummy! If I had a shop selling things like that near me...that would be a very, very bad thing indeed...