Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Beads, hat, stuff

I have been busy with school. It goes without saying: As soon as you finish reading something, there's one more thing to read. Ad infinitum. One of the MA/PhD students and I were discussing the never-ending pile of articles, books, and chapters that we have to read. We despair. We have so little time, and what time we have, we spend reading. (And obviously, writing an entry on the blog).

So, in the meantime, I have finished a hat. I could have used it last Monday, when temperatures were -2 degrees with a windchill of something like -15. Ugh. In any case, it's DONE. And here it is:














Of course, this picture is completely sideways. I'm too lazy to open a picture editor to put it up the way it's supposed to be.

And my boyfriend got me a Hello Kitty Waffle Iron for Valentine's Day. I then bought myself my own Valentine's Day gift, which I am lovin' and I am trying to think of other special occasions where I can spoil myself by buying even more things.


Here is my bracelet, with some new pretty charms:

I am so in love with my trollbead bracelet. Sigh. I cant' wait to fill the whole thing up, even if it means spending tons of money. I figure I can buy one or two a month, and I'm dropping very obvious hints to the boyfriend that I would like to have more charms. Even though I think the Hello Kitty waffle iron is cute.
And today... I got myself a snow day! And I don't have to teach tomorrow, since classes are cancelled till 11 AM tomorrow! But who knows, I still have things to do! And places to go! Unless it snows really bad tomorrow night, I'm going to be at SnB!
And oooh...I am signing up for the Secret Pal Round 10...totally excited about this! Well, off to snack some more and then do some more readings for class/research/something important.

No comments: